Find Your Cruise
P&O maintain a very good standard of presentation. We have just had a wonderful 2 weeks on Arcadia. 4 nights were Dinner jacket, 3 nights were suits and the rest were smart casual. The age profile tends toi be a bit higher on Arcadia as it is a child free ship but I reckon that at least 80% wore Dinner Jackets and their ladies in similar formality. The other 20% wore smart suits. On the Informal nights(strange terminlogy) everyone wore suits and the casual nights were still smart with men in shirts but no ties. Everyone joins in the experience and the ship looks great. You can always eat in the self service restaurant where the food is roughly the same but for the sake of buying a £90 Dinner Jacket suit and joining in the occasion, I would go for the formality every time. Ladies usually enjoy the dressing up. Have a great trip. P&O have wonderful ships and crews and will give you a great cruise which of course includes the special evenings.
Alex Green from Chorle.
I agree with Alex Green, dress up and join in the fun.
If you can afford to go on a cruise you can surely afford a Formal suit
A good quality suit will cost between £150/£200 from Marks & Spencer ( a bit cheaper from some other outlets ) and will last you for yonks ( mine is seven years old and still looks like new !! )
You really must dress up to compliment the ladies
who always make such an effort on formal evenings.
My husband didnt take his dinner jacket, but he did take smart casual clothes, and i also took smart casual clothes. We didnt go to any of the informal evenings as it was not what we wanted, we went for anytime dining.
It is nice to see everyone dressed up 'posh' You don't have to go to the expense of buying a DJ etc as you can usually hire them on board. Actually if you scout round the charity shops from end of October onwards you can usually find a bargain evening suit for about £20 or s.